Updated: 10/19/2020, 10:24:56 AM
Created: 10/19/2020, 10:24:56 AM
Last Updated By: Daniel Klein
Read Time: 1 minute(s)
Tags: db-status status db database operations
This can be used to check the status of jBASE databases, i.e running or paused. It may be invoked as:
where option may be:
- The -a option specifies that all databases should be shut down (This option is restricted to jBASE 5)
- The -n option specifies the database to shut down ( This option is restricted to jBASE 5)
- Use the -t option to display users currently inside a transaction.
- The -v option is the verbose option.
- Use the -w option to display all users currently suspended and waiting for a DB-RESUME.
- The -V option is the very verbose option and is the equivalent of -t, -v and -w together.
Run this command as any user which also shows the status of the DB-PAUSE command
An example of use may be:
# DB-STATUS -V DatajBASE paused at Mon Nov 25 16:13:36 2002 For READ and WRITE operations Updates are denied also to root users Existing transactions can continue until complete Port 4 is waiting for DB-RESUME Port 23 is waiting for DB-RESUME Port 31 is inside a transaction 1 ports inside a transaction, 2 ports waiting for DB-RESUME
One common usage of these commands will be to split mirrors on a mirrored disk system. One of the mirrors can then continue a jBASE operation following a DB-RESUME and the other mirror, which is now quiescent, used for a fast backup using operating system specific backup tools.
This utility is only available in jBASE 4.1 and later.
Back to Utilities