# Field Number (FMC) Operand
Updated: 1/18/2022, 5:31:44 PM
Created: 1/18/2022, 5:31:44 PM
Last Updated By: dependabot[bot]
Read Time: 1 minute(s)
Specifies a field which contains the value to be used. It takes the form:
- field-number is the number of the field (FMC) which contains the required value.
- R specifies that the value obtained from this field is to be applied repeatedly for each multivalue not present in a corresponding part of the calculation.
- RR specifies that the value obtained from this field is to be applied repeatedly for each subvalue not present in a corresponding part of the calculation.
The following field numbers have special meanings:
- 0 - Record Key
- 9998- Sequential record count
- 9999 Record size in bytes
Returns the value stored in field 2 of the record.
Returns the size of the record in bytes.
A;2 + 3R
For each multivalue in field 2 the system also obtains the (first) value in field 3 and adds it. If field 2 contains 1]7 and field 3 contains 5 the result would be two values of 6 and 12 respectively. Where 3 does not have a corresponding multivalue, the last non-null multivalue in 3 will be used.
A;2 + 3RR
For each subvalue in field 2 the system also obtains the corresponding subvalue in field 3 and adds it. If field 2 contains 1\2\3]7 and field 3 contains 5\4 the result would be five values of 6, 6, 7, 12 and 4 respectively.
Back to A-Correlatives