# jBASE Sockets
Updated: 2/24/2021, 3:51:59 PM
Created: 2/24/2021, 3:51:59 PM
Last Updated By: Daniel Klein
Read Time: 1 minute(s)
jBASE offers some internal functions to gain access to Sockets. jBASE socket functions are built in C based functions and can be accessed by using DEFC and importing the functions.
- DEFC VAR SOCKOPEN(handle, ip, port, timeout, setting)
- DEFC VAR SOCKCLOSE(handle, setting)
- DEFC VAR SOCKSEND(client_handle, data_to_send, setting)
- DEFC VAR SOCKRECV(client_handle, recieve_message, setting)
- DEFC VAR SOCKSERV(port, server_handle, conDetails)
- DEFC VAR SOCKACCEPT(server_handle, client_handle_number, setting)
- DEFC VAR SOCKBIND(server_handle, client_handle_number, client_handle, setting)
- DEFC VAR GETSOCKBASE(server_handle)
- DEFC VAR GETSERVERHANDLE(server_handle, ctx)
Here is a github project with a good example on how to create both a socket client and server.